with Verna lime to conquer
the most demanding palates
- The Verna lemon has a juice with less acidity compared to other varieties, a singularity that makes it the perfect ingredient to captivate lovers of good cocktails.
- Verna is a variety of lemon native to Spain that originates from Murcia and Alicante, although it is also grown in Andalusia. It is unique in the world and it is only produced in Spain.
Madrid (ots|wro) - The trend or inclination to eat a healthier diet has encouraged more and more consumers around the world to look at the nutri-tional properties and benefits of foods in recent years. However, these types of diets tend to be somewhat boring and simple, relying on a basic diet. Thus, lemon has become a very successful alterna-tive for those who are looking for an original indul-gence while staying in shape.
Lemon is a natural food, fat-free and ideal for a healthy lifestyle. It is also an important source of vitamin C, a nutrient that contributes to the nor-mal formation of collagen, the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E, reduces fatigue and opti-mizes the absorption of iron; properties appreciated in the field of professional sports.
Verna is a variety of lemon native to Spain that ori-ginates from Murcia and Alicante, although it is also grown in Andalusia. It is unique in the world and it is only produced in Spain. Bild: Lemon from Spain/Fotograf: Lemon from Spain
In addition, Europe grows its own variety of lemon, with an intense yellow color and a more oval shape, which stands out for the lower acidity of its juice, a singularity that makes it the perfect ally to captivate cocktail lovers. This is the Spanish Verna lemon, originally from the Vega del Segura (Murcia and Alicante), although it is also produced in Andalusia.
Therefore, Welcome to the Lemon Age proposes three refreshing cocktails made by leading mixologists with Verna lemon and to leave your guests speechless with its flavor:
1. Lemon and white chocolate mochaccino
- 2 Verna lemons
- 200 ml of whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100 g white chocolate
- 40 g 70% dark chocolate
- 200 g espresso coffee
- 120 g condensed milk
- 4 marshmallows
- 1 Verna lemon to decorate
- Cut 1 lemon into slices and grate the peel of the other lemon.
- Heat the whipping cream, four lemon slices, vanilla and the chopped white chocolate in a small sauce-pan until it boils and integrates. Whisk well.
- Add two lemon slices in each cup. Serve the lemon and chocolate cream in the cup.
- Carefully add the freshly brewed coffee.
- Finally, add a generous splash of condensed milk, grate dark chocolate on the surface, also the grated lemon peel and put a marshmallow in each cup.
- Decorate with ¼ of a lemon slice on the rim of each cup.
2. Lemon and banana smoothie with oatmeal and coconut
- 3 Verna lemons
- 100 g sugar
- 2 bananas
- 80 g oatmeal
- 300 ml water
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 6 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- 1 Verna lime, sliced
- Peel and chop the lemons, removing as much of the white part as possible.
- To make a lemon jam, in a small pot, combine the lemons together with the sugar. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes until the lemons are soft.
- In a blender add the lemon jam, chopped banana, oatmeal and water. Blend until a smooth puree is obtained.
- Add the coconut milk and ice. Blend until well mixed.
- Serve the smoothie in tall glasses and decorate with grated coconut around the rim of the glass, a slice of lemon and a straw.